Monday, June 4, 2007

I did a Good Thing! (or at least that's what momma thinks!)

So several months ago when I was a wee puplet, momma left her favorite pair of shoes (Chaco's- they are a little bit expensive) outside to dry. Well the next morning one was gone!! Momma assumed that because I'm so shoe obsessed that I took it and hide it under the house.

(Now what momma is NOT telling you is that she had a pair of biking shoes outside the house and one of them disappeared- way long before I was EVEN BORN. Now to a reasonable detective that would give credence to a red headed four legged thief of both...)

Well Sunday morning she woke up (here is another funny story- momma's friend slumber partied the night before because they had to go to Gainesville to drop off that kitty Io. Momma's friend wouldn't get up so she sent ME in. She threw the ball into the bedroom and I followed and gave her wet kisses until she work up!- I'm a good puppy). OK back to the other story- Momma woke up on Sunday morning and took us outside and there was her other shoe! (At first she thought it was the shoes she already had from the back porch, but NO!) She says that us dooglies are her hero.

But now I ask you. Saffie and I talked and we decided to present a united front and tell momma that we both have a problem with shoes. I, Allegra, will admit that mine is more severe- I look for them everywhere...but I want to stop! Any advise how I can kick the shoe habit. I just want momma to be happy.

P.S. Momma got the old diggie camera working so I will get on her to get some pictures up, because let's be honest- that is the best part of the posts...

10 comments:

Oscar's mummy and daddy said...

Hmm, I think the only caure for puppy shoe fetish is for the hoomans to be very good at keeping them hidden!

Licks
Oscar x

Asta said...

Allegra, if you go to my blog and read some of my older posts, you will notice that I'm the worstest puppy to give advice on shoe obseccions..pawhaps you and I could start a support gwoup for puppys with shoe fetishes heheeheheheheh
it should be at a wesort, with lots of tweats and toys and constant attention from hoomans at our beck and bark..if it's good enough for stoopid stars, it would do for us.what do you think?
lots of smoochie kisses
Asta

Molly the Airedale said...

I agree with Oscar. If you can't see them then you can't chew them!

Love ya lots,
Maggie

Stanley said...

Allegra,

Admitting you have a problem IS the first step to recovery. (Good for you, girl).

I like Asta's idea of a support group. If you look around your area there may be a local chapter of SFA (Shoe Fetish Anonymous).

If you start jonesin' for shoes at any time, feel free to contact me & I'll talk you down.

Take care & give love to Saffie!

Your Goob,
Stanley

Ferndoggle said...

My name is Penny, and I'm a recovering shoe addict. I used to chew up any pair I could get my little paws on. And I'd chew off the little plastic things on all the laces of Mom's running shoes.

I was in jail for a while because I couldn't be trust alone with the shoes, but Mom finally got smart & put them away when she was not home. Took her a while to figure out how to help me with my addiction, but I haven't chewed a shoe in over 2 years!

Penny
(Sherman & Lola too)

Quinvale AstaLaVista Baby said...

G'day Allegra,

Welcome to Dogs with Blogs. Come and visit me.

xxx Asta down under

Buster the Wired Fox Terror said...

My Mom keeps them in boxes with lids, or puts them up on a high shelf, or in a hanging thing in the closet. She has LOTS AND LOTS but I just can't get to them. Sigh.

Bussie Kissies
Buster

Bogart H. Devil said...

My name is Bogart, and I am a shoeaholic.

(Hi Bogart)

My problem is that I like to remove the insoles... and then hide those.

I can't offer any tips for getting "off the sauce" but I can tell you that you're not alone.

Love,
Bogart

Opy - the Original GruffPuppy said...

Hey Allegra,

Welcome to www.dogswithblogs.com.au - it is great to meet you, and I am sure you will make lots of new friends here :)

Love
Opy

Liberty Doo Dah said...

Hmmmm, I would have to agree with Oscar. Like you, I too have a show fetish. If they are just laying around, they will eventually end up in my mouth! Better keep them out of reach!
AireSHOES!
Liberty